Moromou.dk works solely in precious metals, such as 925 sterling silver and 14 ct. goldplating. All is nickel free. All items are treated with an anti tarnish layer, to help keep the silver from oxidizing. This layer will fade with time, cause of usage, - contact with clothes, hard surfaces, sweat, perfume, hairspray, air pollution and others. Goldplating is made with 14 ct. 2-3 micons. Due to the natural variation of individual body chemistry and its affect on plating wear, life-span expectancies of plating will vary.
Common care procedures applying to household and wardrobe items also apply to jewelry. Periodic cleaning/polishing as well as storage will ensure a lifetime of enjoyment of your jewelry.
Some tips –
- Avoid direct contact with water and chemical products - soap, perfume, abrasive products.
- Don’t shower, wash your hands wearing your rings. Also I’d recommend not wearing your jewelry when you sleep.
- Do not wear your jewelry when in the swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna/steam room or while bathing or showering.
- Chlorine, detergents, oils, moisturizers & perfumes can all cause tarnishing and damage.
- Remove jewelry when doing household tasks. Avoid impact with hard surfaces as much as possible.
- Make-up, perfume & hairspray all contain chemicals, which may dull the finish of your jewellery.
- Gently wipe jewellery clean with a soft cloth after each wear to remove make up and oils (from skin).
- Coil chains gently to prevent damage in storage.
- Don’t yank or pull chains.
- I’d recommend silver clean, and a cloth to rinse your jewelry and to remove oxidation very easily.